Government of Newfoundland and Labrador
& Conditions for Purchasing
1. Enquiries should be directed to the official whose name
is shown in the appropriate box on the tender/quotation form
and firms should quote the tender/quotation number on any
2. Tender or quotation documents submitted by facsimile must
be received “in full” at the Government Purchasing
Agency by the specified Closing Time. Documents in transmission
after the Closing Time will be considered late tenders or
3. Make sure your firm’s name, tender number and the
closing date appear on the outside of the envelope used for
returning your tender/quotation.
4. Acquisitions made as a result of this tender/quotation
will be governed by the laws of the Province of Newfoundland
5. The Corporation Act of Newfoundland requires that an extra-provincial
company be registered before it begins or carries on business
in the Province. If your company is not registered, please
apply for the appropriate forms and procedures to: Registry
of Deeds and Companies, Department of Government Services
and Lands, P.O. Box 8700, St. John’s, NF A1B 4J6.
TENDER / QUOTATION
6. Any tender/quotation may be accepted or rejected in whole
or in part. The lowest or any tender/quotation will not necessarily
7. Prices include packing, cartage and loading charges, unless
8. It is understood that a tender/quotation offer will remain
open for acceptance by Government for a period of not less
than 30 days from the closing date of tender/quotation unless
otherwise indicated in the tender/quotation. It is further
understood that in comparing tenders/quotations preference
will be given to firm prices.
9. Firms must satisfy themselves that the item on which they
are bidding is available, or will be available, for delivery
on the date they specify on the tender/quotation, as such
a quotation is legal and binding.
10. Prices quoted shall be regarded as net.
11. In case of error in the extension of prices, the unit
price will govern.
12. If required, the bidder will enter into a formal contract
containing such terms and conditions (not inconsistent with
the terms and conditions of this document) as may be required.
Unless and until such a formal contract is entered into, acceptance
of this document and the tender/quotation shall together be
the complete and only contract.
13. The firm’s name must appear on the tender and the
form must be signed by an authorized official of the company.
GPA reserves the right to reject incomplete tenders/quotations.
14. Tenders/Quotations will close at 4 o’clock on the
day of closing, and will be opened on the following working
day unless otherwise stated.
15. If applicable - items offered for sale, sold or installed
in the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador shall be certified
by any agency that has been accredited by the Standards Council
16. Each item will be considered a separate contract and may
be awarded separately, unless otherwise specified in the tender/quotation.
17. Prices quoted are to be exclusive of HST and GST. Effective
April 1, 1997, Government will not be exempt from the harmonized
sales tax (H.S.T.) or the goods and services tax (G.S.T.).
Applicable taxes will be applied at invoicing stage.
STANDING OFFER AGREEMENT
18. STANDING OFFER AGREEMENT - A Standing Offer Agreement
is a mutual agreement effected with a supplier to deliver
“as and when required” over a specific period
of time, goods or services in quantities to be determined
at prescribed prices or pricing arrangements. Under this type
of agreement the Government is not obligated to take any quantity
of any item.
19. Standing Offer Agreements will be issued for items where
the unit prices are agreed but the quantities accepted can
20. After a Standing Offer Agreement is accepted by both parties,
the Customer Department(s) will issue Purchase Orders to the
suppliers for items specified in the Agreement when required.
PURCHASE ORDER AND CONTRACT
21. All bidders are hereby notified that due to the requirements
of the Public Tender Act, any Purchase Order or Standing Offer
Agreement issued pursuant to this Invitation To Tender or
Request For Quotation shall be issued in the name of the successful
bidder exactly as the bidder’s personal or corporate
name is stated in the tender document. In no circumstances
will a Purchase Order or Standing Offer Agreement be issued
to an individual or corporation other than the individual
or corporation named in the tender document.
22. Transportation should be effected by the most economical
means unless otherwise specified.
23. Suppliers shall acquaint themselves fully with regard
to the local conditions of deliveries and ensure that delivery
is made as expeditiously as possible.
24. Purchase Orders will be issued for items where definite
quantities of goods at firm unit prices are shown.
INTERPROVINCIAL PROCUREMENT AGREEMENTS
Acquisitions within the defined thresholds will be subject
to the terms and conditions of the Atlantic Procurement Agreement
and the Agreement on Internal Trade.