Kiewit Kvaerner Contractors Closed EOI Details
A Peter Kiewit Infrastructure Co. / Aker Solutions Partnership
OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT (OA) /SOLICITATION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
HEBRON GBS Project- General Safety Training
Issue Date: 29 December 2010
Closing Date: 12 January 2011
Kiewit-Aker Contractors (KAC) are inviting submissions of an Expression of Interest for a potential opportunity to support the provision of general safety training at the Bull Arm Site, Trinity Bay, in Newfoundland and Labrador (NL), Canada for the Hebron Project.
Scope of Work
The Scope of Work includes, but is not limited to:
Package Number: S0733 General Safety Training
Kiewit Aker Contractors requires a variety of safety training courses to be delivered on an as-needed/demand basis associated with the Hebron construction project. We are seeking expressions of interest from companies who have qualified individuals able to provide training in the following areas. All courses referenced need to meet the regulatory requirements of the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulations of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador in the following disciplines:
· Lock out/tag out- training provided in this area shall meet the requirements of PART IX of the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulations for de-energization and lock out.
· Confined Space Awareness/Entry/Rescue- training provided in this area shall meet the requirements of PART XXVII of the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulations for confined space entry, including general awareness, entry and emergency response and rescue.
· Fall Arrest and Fall Protection and Travel Restraint Systems- training provided in these areas shall meet the requirements of Part X of the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, including the requirements of:
CSA Standard Z259.11 - Energy Absorbers and Lanyards;
CSA Standard Z259.10 - Full Body Harnesses;
CSA Standard Z259.2.1 - Fall Arresters, Vertical Lifelines and Rails;
CSA Standard Z259.13 - Flexible Horizontal Lifeline Systems;
CSA Standard Z259.16 - Design of Active Fall Protection Systems and
CSA Standard Z25- Body Belts and Saddles for Work Positioning and Travel Restraint
· Rigging, Slinging and Scaffolding- training in this area shall meet the requirements of PART XI of the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulations for scaffolds, states and work platforms and PART XV for rigging
· Power line Hazards- training in this area shall meet the requirements of Section 483 of the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
· Trenching and Excavation safety- training in this area shall meet the requirements of PART XVII of the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulations for construction, excavation and demolition
· Transportation of Dangerous Goods- training in this area shall meet the requirements of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations
· WHMIS- training in this area shall meet the requirements of the provincial Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Regulations
· Defensive Driving
· Emergency Response, Rescue and Recovery
· Spill Response and Clean-up
· Crane Operator
· OH & S Regulatory Compliance
· Due Diligence
Responding applicants are to clearly identify the procurement package code(s) for which they are interested in prequalifying for. Respondents may elect to prequalify for one or multiple packages listed above. KAC in its sole discretion reserves the right to make the final determination of which applicants will receive an invitation to Tender (ITT), which applicant(s) or combinations thereof will be awarded the final contract(s), or alternatively to not proceed with the ITT process.
The Bull Arm Fabrication site will be operating on a special project labour agreement. A Project description is available on the Hebron Project website (www.hebronproject.com).
Kiewit-Aker Contractors strongly supports providing opportunities to commercially competitive Canadian companies and individuals and in particular those from Newfoundland and Labrador. At the Pre-Qualification stage companies will be required to complete a brief Canada/Newfoundland & Labrador Benefits questionnaire and will be asked to acknowledge their willingness to comply with the Benefits requirements. At the Invitation to Tender (ITT) stage a comprehensive Benefits Questionnaire will be required to be completed.
KAC is an equal opportunity employer and as such supports diversity in the workplace. Successful suppliers and subcontractors to KAC will be required to undertake a commitment to support diversity in execution of work on the Hebron Project. KAC encourages the participation of members of designated groups, and corporations or cooperatives owned by them, in the supply of goods and services.
It is important to note that this initial phase will be a prequalification process to identify candidates that will be invited to submit tenders. Participation in this qualification process, including any statements or representations, whether oral or written between KAC and interested candidates, shall not create or be deemed to create any binding legal relationship or contract.
Potential bidders, if they have not done so, must register their companies by contacting BIDS at:
BIDS Newfoundland and Labrador
Phone: (709) 738 6500
Fax: (709) 738 7015
All interested parties must submit their contact details electronically, by the closing date, providing the following information:
Company Name: .............................
Phone: . information will be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All information, correspondence and submittals must be in English.
Item Quantity Unit Code Description
1 1 n/a 9402 Training Services