Kiewit Kvaerner Contractors Closed EOI Details
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Contractor: Kiewit Offshore Services
Project: Hebron Topsides Project
Description: EOI-KOSM-DSM-0020 –Dredging at Load out Quay
Category: Dredging/Excavation Closing Date: 5 June 2014
Kiewit Offshore Services (Subcontractor) is seeking expressions of interest (EOI’s) from qualified excavation contractors to provide dredging services at the face of the load-out quay at the Cow Head Facility in Marystown, NL for the Hebron, Drilling Support Module (DSM). The selected supplier will be required to supply the labor and equipment in compliance with Hebron Project requirements and contract documents.
The purpose of this EOI is to develop a list of subcontractors that are interested in providing the dredging services required by the Project. Once EOI responses are received from subcontractors interested in performing the work described below, they will be evaluated by Kiewit Offshore Services review team. Based on the evaluation of the data requested in this EOI, a recommendation will be made to move forward with the prequalification process.
Subcontractors shall be responsible for any expenses incurred in responding to this EOI, the terms of which are subject to change or cancellation by Kiewit Offshore Services at any time. Notwithstanding the nature or content of responses received, Kiewit Offshore Services is not under any obligation to add a subcontractor to a Bidders List, to proceed with an invitation to tender (ITT) or to award a contract to any subcontractor with respect to the services described in this EOI.
Kiewit Offshore Services has been awarded the contract for the fabrication of the Drilling Support Module (DSM) which includes: fabrication engineering, procurement of materials, construction engineering, onshore mechanical completion as well as providing planning and commissioning support to WorleyParsons. The current DSM design consists of a 4 level structure: Lower Deck, Intermediate Deck, Upper Deck and Pipe Deck with an overall reported weight of approximately 3,300 metric tonnes.
Kiewit Offshore Services is committed to providing employment opportunities for Canadians and in particular, members of the Newfoundland and Labrador labor force. Kiewit Offshore Services is also committed to providing opportunities for suppliers and subcontractors based in NL to participate in the supply of goods and services for the Project on a commercially competitive basis. Subcontractors invited to submit a Tender for this package will be required to demonstrate that they support these commitments.
Kiewit Offshore Services is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. It also encourages women and members of Designated Groups including visible minorities, persons with disabilities and aboriginal groups or companies owned by them to participate in the supply of goods and services. Subcontractors invited to submit a Tender for this package will be required to demonstrate that they support these commitments.
Scope of Work
Work will consist of, but not necessarily be limited to, providing dredging and excavation services in accordance to with the contract deliverables provided during formal RFQ process.
Vendor's scope of supply shall include, but not limited to:
• At the Cowhead facility in the summer or fall of 2014, a qualified excavation contractor shall dredge at the face of the existing load-out quay and adjacent to quay 1. Approximately 50 cubic meters of material shall be removed using an excavator on a barge. The depth of rock and sediment material ranges from approximately 7 meters to 11 meters in depth in the dredging area. Excavated material shall be placed in scows and deposited on land per the Environmental Canada regulations. KOS will complete all environmental permit applications and oversee the dredging process.
Kiewit Offshore Services plans to issue Request for Quotes in June of 2014 to Subcontractors interested with a potential award to the successful bidder in late June of 2014.
Suppliers interested in bidding on this requirement are required to complete and submit by June 5, 2014 the following:
1. Supplier’s details as described below.
2. Supplier Experience Questionnaire (Attachment A)
EOI responses without this returned may be deemed incomplete and not subject to evaluation.
Suppliers interested in performing the work shall provide details and evidence for the following:
• A record of the number of hours worked annually for the past five years, together with the number of restricted work cases, lost time injuries and fatalities experienced.
• Health, Safety and Security Management System
b) Quality Management System:
• Copy of certificate of registration to ISO-9001-2008 or equivalent. The ISO 9001:2008 certificate of registration must be accompanied with a list of exemptions, if any, taken to ISO-9001-2008.
• A current Dun & Bradstreet Business Information Report or equivalent for the supplier.
• The supplier’s name and corporate structure including any proposed joint venture partner (or equivalent arrangement), together with relevant contact information.
All enquiries and submittals related to this EOI Package should be directed to:
Kiewit Offshore Services
Spanish Room Road | Marystown, NL A0E 2M0 | Canada
Paul Grignon, Subcontracts Manager
Phone: (709)279-7300 Ext. 7483
Brian Renfrow, Design Engineer
To obtain a copy of Attachment A please contact BIDS at 709-738-6500 or email email@example.com
Item Quantity Unit Code Description
1 1 N/A 1210 Excavation
2 1 N/A 9000 Contracting
3 1 N/A 9100 Engineering Consultants & Support