Kiewit Kvaerner Contractors Closed EOI Details
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Contractor: Kiewit Offshore Services
Project: Hebron Topsides Project
Description: EOI-KOSM-DSM-0018 – Drilling of Cased Test Hole – Hebron Drilling Support Module
Closing Date: 02 June 2014
Kiewit Offshore Services (Subcontractor) is seeking expressions of interest (EOI’s) from qualified suppliers to perform Cased Borehole installation for the Hebron, Drilling Support Module (DSM). The selected supplier will be required to supply the services in compliance with Hebron Project requirements and contract documents.
The purpose of this EOI is to develop a list of subcontractors that are interested in providing the materials and services required by the Project. Once EOI responses are received from subcontractors interested in performing the work described below, they will be evaluated by Kiewit Offshore Services review team. Based on the evaluation of the data requested in this EOI, a recommendation will be made to move forward with the prequalification process.
Subcontractors shall be responsible for any expenses incurred in responding to this EOI, the terms of which are subject to change or cancellation by Kiewit Offshore Services at any time. Notwithstanding the nature or content of responses received, Kiewit Offshore Services is not under any obligation to add a subcontractor to a Bidders List, to proceed with an invitation to tender (ITT) or to award a contract to any subcontractor with respect to the services described in this EOI.
Kiewit Offshore Services has been awarded the contract for the fabrication of the Drilling Support Module (DSM) which includes: fabrication engineering, procurement of materials, construction engineering, onshore mechanical completion as well as providing planning and commissioning support to WorleyParsons. The current DSM design consists of a 4 level structure: Lower Deck, Intermediate Deck, Upper Deck and Pipe Deck with an overall reported weight of approximately 3,300 metric tonnes.
Kiewit Offshore Services is committed to providing employment opportunities for Canadians and in particular, members of the Newfoundland and Labrador labor force. Kiewit Offshore Services is also committed to providing opportunities for suppliers and subcontractors based in NL to participate in the supply of goods and services for the Project on a commercially competitive basis. Subcontractors invited to submit a Tender for this package will be required to demonstrate that they support these commitments.
Kiewit Offshore Services is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. It also encourages women and members of Designated Groups including visible minorities, persons with disabilities and aboriginal groups or companies owned by them to participate in the supply of goods and services. Subcontractors invited to submit a Tender for this package will be required to demonstrate that they support these commitments.
Scope of Work
The Scope of Work includes provision of qualified personnel, equipment and material to carry out the work scope in accordance with all applicable laws. The Marystown Cowhead Facility Drilling contractor shall identify and provide necessary equipment and experienced personnel to perform the following:
• At the Cowhead facility in the summer or fall of 2014, a qualified Drilling contractor shall drill a 40 meter test hole with an inside diameter of 400 mm. Based on geotechnical testing it is estimated sandy gravel with trace rock exists to a depth of 20 meters and bedrock from 20 meters to 40 meters. Drilling would be advanced using a 500 mm hole to the bedrock at 20 meters. Thereafter, a 400 mm hole would be advanced approximately 20 additional meters into bedrock. A 400 mm diameter x 20 meter long casing will be installed and the annulus between the 400 mm casing and 500 mm borehole grouted solid for the upper 20 meters.
Kiewit Offshore Services plans to issue Request for Quotes in June of 2014 to Subcontractors interested. The execution of the work in this package is expected to begin Late Summer/Early Fall 2014.
Suppliers interested in bidding on this requirement are required to complete and submit by June 2, 2014 the following:
1. Supplier’s details as described below.
2. Supplier Experience Questionnaire (Attachment A)
EOI responses without this returned may be deemed incomplete and not subject to evaluation.
Suppliers interested in performing the work shall provide details and evidence for the following:
• A record of the number of hours worked annually for the past five years, together with the number of restricted work cases, lost time injuries and fatalities experienced.
• Health, Safety and Security Management System
b) Quality Management System:
• Copy of certificate of registration to ISO-9001-2008 or equivalent. The ISO 9001:2008 certificate of registration must be accompanied with a list of exemptions, if any, taken to ISO-9001-2008.
• A current Dun & Bradstreet Business Information Report or equivalent for the supplier.
• The supplier’s name and corporate structure including any proposed joint venture partner (or equivalent arrangement), together with relevant contact information.
All enquiries and submittals related to this EOI Package should be directed to:
Kiewit Offshore Services
Spanish Room Road | Marystown, NL A0E 2M0 | Canada
Paul Grignon, Subcontracts Manager
Phone: (709)279-7300 Ext. 7483
Brian Renfrow, Design Engineer
Phone: (709)279-7300 Ext. 7221
Hebron Topsides Project
EOI-KOSM-DSM-0017 – Lift Plan – Weighing of Hebron Drilling Support Module.
Attachment A – Survey of Plant Facilities – Part 1 General
To obtain a copy of Attachment A please contact BIDS at 709-738-6500 or email email@example.com
Item Quantity Unit Code Description
1 1 N/A 0200 Matl's & Equipment
2 1 N/A 9000 Contracting
3 1 N/A 9100 Engineering Consultants & Support