Kiewit Kvaerner Contractors Closed EOI Details
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
HEBRON GBS Project
BIDS Categories: 8625, 8961
Issue Date: 29-October-2012
Closing Date: 09-November-2012
PACKAGE NUMBER: EI109 TITLE: Crude Oil Interface Level Measurement System
Kiewit-Kvaerner Contractors (KKC) hereby invites interested parties to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) related to the future issuance of Requests for Qualifications and subsequent Requests for Tender for the following Scope of Work/Supply/Services package in connection with KKC’s EPC services for the Hebron GBS Project in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
SCOPE OF WORK
• The Scope of Work includes: Develop a permanent system which shall monitor data from instruments located in the crude oil storage tanks and the crude oil buffer tanks which measure the water/oil interface and calculate and monitor the amount of crude oil in the storage tanks. The instruments located in the crude oil storage tanks shall be able to detect the oil and water mixed layer. In addition the system shall detect possible crude oil in the buffer cells. The COILMS shall be computer based and be designed to perform tasks such as:
o Automatic data collection
o Data presentation
o Communication with other systems (delivered by others)
• The volume of supply shall be main and back-up sensors (21 off) in the Crude Oil Storage Cells, main sensors in the buffer cells (7 off) and a monitoring system located top sides. The monitoring system shall be able to communicate to other systems on common data protocols.
• Instruments must have reliability data, i.e. PFDavg (Probability of Failure on Demand) and SFF (Safe Failure Fraction) and Common Mode Failure rate (referred to as the Beta ratio).
• Location of the oil water interface is critical to ensure usage of the cell and to avoid pumping water, or sending oil into the sea
• Once installed in the storage cell, there is no access for life of platform (50 years), i.e. must be extremely reliable
• Readout includes oil-emulsion interface and water-emulsion interface
If additional project information is required, please visit the Hebron Project website at www.hebronproject.com or the KKC website at www.kkc-gbs.com.
Kiewit-Kvaerner Contractors is committed to providing full and fair opportunities to commercially competitive Canadian companies with first consideration given to those from Newfoundland and Labrador. At the Pre-Qualification and ITT stages, companies will be required to complete Canada/Newfoundland & Labrador Benefits questionnaires to acknowledge their willingness to comply with the Hebron Benefits Agreement.
KKC is an equal opportunity employer and as such supports diversity in the workplace. Successful suppliers and subcontractors to KKC will be required to undertake a commitment to support diversity in execution of work on the Hebron Project.
A copy of the Hebron benefits agreement can be found on the KKC and Hebron Project websites.
RESPONSES AND SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Applicant(s) must clearly identify the procurement package code assigned to this EOI in their responses. Applicants’ EOI submissions must provide the complete company name and address and the names, titles and telephone numbers of two contact persons.
It is important to note that the EOI phase will be used to identify candidates that may be invited to participate in the prequalification process. Participation in this EOI process, including any statements or representations, whether oral or written between KKC and interested applicants, shall not create or be deemed to create, any binding legal relationship or contract.
To ensure all potential supply communities are informed of upcoming opportunities KKC will be posting all EOI’s on BIDS.ca and NOIA.ca. There is no formal document required to submit an EOI to KKC however in all email submissions we ask that the title of the email follow the below naming convention.
Please send EOIs via email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All information, correspondence and submittals must be in English and the subject line of the email must be formatted as follows: EOI Submission – EI109 – Crude Oil Interface Level Measurement System
If you have any questions regarding this announcement, please contact:
A Peter Kiewit Infrastructure Co./Kvaerner Partnership
Item Quantity Unit Code Description
1 1 N/A 8625 Level Transmitters
2 1 N/A 8961 Monitors