Kiewit Kvaerner Contractors Closed EOI Details
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
HEBRON GBS Project- Bull Arm
BIDS Categories: 4830, 4860, 5910
Issue Date: 12MAR14
Closing Date: 26MAR14
PACKAGE NUMBER: AB454A TITLE: Shaft Hoists
Kiewit-Kvaerner Contractors (KKC) hereby invites interested parties to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) related to the future issuance of Requests for Qualifications and subsequent Requests for Tender for the following Scope of Work/Supply/Services package in connection with KKC’s EPC services for the Hebron GBS Project in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Scope of Work consists of, but shall not be limited to, Design, Manufacture, Qualifications, Testing, Inspection, Packing, Supply of Goods, Services and Documentation for AB454A – Shaft Hoists fully in accordance with the project requirements in the specifications, data sheets and other documents to be issued in the ITT after qualification of suppliers based on the brief scope as underlined.
The scope of work includes for Supplier to have overall responsibility for the administration, co-ordination, and proper completion of the materials, equipment and services defined within this requisition.
The scope of supply comprises:
1. Main Hoist/Winch with lift height of 120m, and capacity of 10T. Different mounting options are being investigated.
• A monorail mounted unit would need to be compatible with a 400 HEB B I beam.
• Deck mounted winch with sheaves mounted on the 400 HEB B monorail beam. The lift sheave shall be mounted on a trolley with electrical travel along monorail for set down of lift.
• Deck supported gantry hoist option. The traveling support frame shall be of a height of 5.5 m and width of 3.2m and have motorised travel along rails, over the lift volume (width 3m). The gantry support frame shall incorporate a double girder trolley hoist with lift height of 120m.
All options shall strive to minimise use of headroom. Each solution shall incorporate a duty and standby unit that allows for transfer of lift in case of failure of duty unit. The hoist unit shall have redundant brake system and automatic stop at highest position. Hoist lift speed shall be variable and control shall feature option of wireless remote control.
2. Two Material Transfer, Monorail Hoist, with 10T capacity and lift height of 10m. The monorail hoists shall be of a low-headroom model. Both hoists will be mounted on the same 25m long 400 HEB B monorail. The hoists shall be wireless remote operated and shall be able to be operated independent as well as simultaneous.
The solutions are to be used in Canada with voltages of 120V 1Ph, 208V 3Ph and 600V 3Ph all at 60Hz. Electrification of proposed unit shall be presented, with preference for rail over cable. If cable option is presented the cable shall have a support system.
Supplier should present the base case and alternative options along with supporting technical documentation for evaluation. Supplier is encouraged to present base case along with headroom or weight saving alternatives as options.
Please include commissioning services as option.
Supply shall also include
• Seaworthy Packing
If additional project information is required, please visit the Hebron Project website at www.hebronproject.comor the KKC website at www.kkc-gbs.com.
Kiewit-Kvaerner Contractors is committed to providing full and fair opportunities to commercially competitive Canadian companies with first consideration given to those from Newfoundland and Labrador. At the Pre-Qualification and ITT stages, companies will be required to complete Canada/Newfoundland & Labrador Benefits questionnaires to acknowledge their willingness to comply with the Hebron Benefits Agreement.
KKC is an equal opportunity employer and as such supports diversity in the workplace. Successful suppliers and subcontractors to KKC will be required to undertake a commitment to support diversity in execution of work on the Hebron Project.
A copy of the Hebron benefits agreement can be found on the KKC and Hebron Project websites.
RESPONSES AND SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Applicant(s) must clearly identify the procurement package code assigned to this EOI in their responses. Applicants’ EOI submissions must provide the complete company name and address and the names, titles and telephone numbers of two contact persons. Applicant(s) must also provide below information with their response to this EOI:
1. At least three references of the supply of similar type/ capacity of Monorail Hoists in the past.
2. If EOI respondent is not a manufacturer, need to confirm the manufacturer they are going to use.
3. Brief technical details of the similar type of Hoists.
It is important to note that the EOI phase will be used to identify candidates that may be invited to participate in the tendering process. Participation in this EOI process, including any statements or representations, whether oral or written between KKC and interested applicants, shall not create or be deemed to create, any binding legal relationship or contract.
To ensure all potential supply communities are informed of upcoming opportunities KKC will be posting all EOI’s on BIDS.ca and NOIA.ca. There is no formal document required to submit and EOI to KKC however in all email submissions we ask that the title of the email follow the below naming convention.
Please send EOIs via email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All information, correspondence and submittals must be in English and the subject line of the email must be formatted as follows: EOI Submission – AB454A – Shaft Hoists
If you have any questions regarding this announcement, please contact:
A Peter Kiewit Infrastructure Co./Kvaerner Partnership
Item Quantity Unit Code Description
1 1 N/A 4860 Cranes & Hoists
2 1 N/A 4830 Material Handling Equipment
3 1 N/A 5910 Material Handling